Tuesday 21 June 2016

Review: Celebon Green Tea Collagen Essence Mask

Yup, another face mask review. Well, the last view weeks are kinda busy weeks, most nights I only got 3-4 hours of sleep so I think I need the help of face masks to help me look fresh. This time I tried the green tea variant of Celebon. There's no specific reason really, I was just randomly picking it from my fridge. The package claims that the mask is good for firming, moisturizing, and health. But beware, the package actually says that this mask should be kept at room temp. Sigh. Too late for me. And I also don't have the will to get its "sisters" out of my fridge now. Plus I've seen on variety shows that there are Koreans and Japanese that kept their face masks in the fridge. I'll try to find the scientific reasoning behind the appropriate storage condition when I have time. :D

I bought this one from Century pharmacy for IDR 16,500+ (on 25% discount). Or was it buy 2 get 1 free with original price around IDR 25,000+ from Guardian pharmacy? Sorry, I can't remember this one, because aside from recent purchase earlier this month from Century, I also bought several variants in May from Guardian.

It was made in Korea. I'm sure you've guess that from the hangul on the pic and the lady. Actually I'm not sure who she is, my sis said that she's a famous girlband member but for the love of God I can't recall her name and I'm too lazy to look at the trash. Anyway, Mr. Google told me that her name is SinB from Gfriend (yep, that's the girlgroup's name). I'm not really a fan of Kpop and my Kpop personas knowledge are very limited and usually based on the frequency of the said person's appearance on selected variety shows that I follow.


The mask is made from the usual fabric although I think it's a little bit thicker. It was easy to put on my face and stayed there until I took it off, unlike my previous experience with another mask (click here to read the detail). I even rolled left and right on my bed while the mask stayed still.
                                                            
It covered most of my face nicely. The upper edge was very near to my hairline, maybe only a few millimeters left. The side edge only left about 1 cm uncovered in front of my ears. The part that was supposed to cover my cupid bow did its job well. The minor shortcomings maybe that it couldn't cover the whole length of my nose (about 1+ cm from the tip of my nose stayed uncovered) and the lip hole was D-shaped, so maybe it will be more suitable with people with ascended lip corners (like Kim Soohyun) but less suitable for people with descended lip corners like me (and Song Joongki <3<3). Well, anyway, it only covered some tiny bit of my lip corners, so no biggie. Ah, another thing! The chin part is quite lengthy that I could fold it so that my submandibular area also got all the goodness juice.

This mask is perfumed with green tea scent. It was very soft though, and I adapted to the scent quickly. Midway of application I couldn't smell it already. Plus I like green tea scent, so the fact that I could smell the scent at the start did not bug me. 

I use this for a little over an hour (maybe 2 minutes?) although the package suggests to use this 15-30 minutes. When it was getting dry, I got some kind of minor itchiness on my face, but I usually feel that with this kind of fabric plus I never get redness afterward. After the application, I used the leftover serum on my face, neck, cleavage, and both sides of palms 2-3 times. I then squeezed the package real hard (yea, I'm kinda frugal) and got enough to use it on my forearms.

The result? I'm delighted with the result. Well, tell you what, my phone cam recognise me as 21-24 y.o. female, compared to 22-27 y.o. before application (right after I washed and dried my face). Two hours later, I still feel the moisture on my skin. Moreover, it kind of help in "hiding" my atropic stitch scar on the forehead. But I don't see any visible brightening effect from this variant.
 
Ingredients: water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hydrolized collagen, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Portulaca oleracea extract, beta-glucan, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, polysorbate 80, disodium EDTA, xanthan gum, methylparaben, fragrance.

Verdict: will buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment